วันจันทร์ที่ 16 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2552

I want to be a fashion designer- which books should I start reading/studying to really understand fashion?

For a long time now I've wanted to be a fashion designer, or stylist. I already read fashion magazines, but they don't provide much in the way of history, etc. Which books would you suggest to a teenager who wanted to understand the history and ways of fashion and fashion design?


I wanted to become a fashion designer, but after I did some research, I realized about 1% out of 99 make it ANYWHERE. They usually try and start there own clothing line which fails, or start there own botique that fails. Most just end up at a cash register in Victoria's Secret for 20 years untill they realize they arent going anywhere and change there career. I would advise you NOT to go into this industry unless you are REMARKABLY talented. There ARE lot of talenented people, but you have to be a fashion genius to get anywhere. If you still like fashion, makeup, etc. find a niche market in something and creat your own new trend or product. Or just become a makeup artist.

I'm sorry to slap you so hard in the face, but I know you will regret it if you become a fashion designer.

Good Luck!

A great way to break into fashion is by joining an online community like http://www.chictopia.com. Its an awesome place to see the most current trends and it allows you to network while showcasing your designs and talent. Some of the users have been featured in ElleSpain, TeenVogue, and WWD. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/accuse_write?qid=20071114100933AAhHRtT&kid=PqxOIWHKO3gn7Nfc1V31&s=comm&date=2008-10-21+16%3A41%3A43&.crumb=

Start getting some sewing lessons. I know you want to be a designer, but this will help you understand the technical part of designing: a persons body, structure, seams, fabric textures and colors. Trust me, it will help you a lot. And its tons of fun!

Also, just get some books a the library, magazines, watch project runway, and what not to wear. Hope this helps!

Honestly, start watching Project Runway on BRAVO.

It is inspiring and gives you an idea what the business is like.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

 

nightgown. Powered By Blogger © 2009 Bombeli | Theme Design: ooruc